At All Pets Hospital we have one goal, to enhance the lives of our companions by improving their overall health, including often overlooked oral health. We believe that dental work for our beloved pets is not only about making teeth white and pretty, it’s about diagnosing, treating and preventing painful and debilitating oral diseases like periodontitis, fractured teeth, tooth root and jaw abscesses, resorptive lesions, and oral cancer. These diseases are easy to miss in our stoic cheerful companions, and regular preventative care can both extend and increase their quality of life.
All dental procedures are done under general anesthesia for patient comfort, ability to visualize all teeth and tooth surfaces, do radiographs, and to perform thorough cleaning and diagnosis. As a complete exam and plan cannot be made until the patient is under anesthesia, please be available by phone throughout the day for updates from your doctor or the assigned senior nurse.
We provide the following veterinary dental services:
- Pre-anesthetic examination to discuss and plan your companion’s procedure, including lab work to maximize anesthetic safety. Please schedule the procedure day within sixty days of this consult.
- An assigned senior nurse and doctor team working together for the entire day, for continuity of care and attention to detail before, during and recovering from the procedure.
- Intravenous fluid support, systemic and local antibiotic therapy, and multimodal pain control (including nerve blocks for extractions) before, during, and after the procedure.
- Standard of care balanced anesthetic procedure, including endotracheal tube for safety, and monitoring.
- Dental prophylaxis including ultrasonic and hand scaling, root planing, polishing, and fluoride treatment.
- Charting and detailed examination of all teeth, tooth surfaces, gums, tongue and oral tissues.
- Digital dental radiographs (X-rays) to assess both tooth and jaw health below the gum line. A board certified veterinary dentist is available to consult on radiographs during the procedure as appropriate on a case by case basis.
- Extractions, both simple and complicated multi root necessitating surgical intervention.
- Full dental services for small mammals including rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and small rodents. These services include ongoing management of chronic malocclusion, managing associated dietary needs, pain control and quality of life.
- Post procedure, a complimentary recheck appointment to assess healing. We will also create a unique home care plan for your pet to minimize procedures, disease, and extractions going forward.
We love dental medicine and our team is passionate about providing the very best care!
All of the doctors and nurses performing dental services at All Pets Hospital attend continuing education specific to general dentistry, and we work closely with a group of board certified veterinary dentists for advanced care and case consultation. We are happy to answer questions at any time, over the phone or during scheduled office exams.